CHE, Certified Healthcare Engineer
CHE exam is offered at the end of the last day of the Annual Conference.
Cost is $25.00.
Who is Eligible for CHE?
To be eligible for the Certified Healthcare Engineer examination, a candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a current member in good standing of KSHE.
- The applicant must have been a member of KSHE for three (3) years; not necessarily consecutive.
- The applicant must be currently employed as a member of a healthcare facility management staff and have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in such capacity.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
You may register to take the CHE once the annual HCC conference registration is open.
CHC, Certified Healthcare Contractor
CHC is a 1-day class and exam offered 2-3 times each year. The Healthcare Facilities Orientation & Safety Training is a pre-requisite for the CHC. Cost is $175. The CHC class earns you 6 contact hours.
The purpose of this landmark program is to educate contractors (owners, operations managers, project managers, etc.) in the many critical aspects that are unique to working in healthcare facilities. Hospitals created the concept of 24/7; therefore, whenever a contractor performs services in a healthcare facility, the team of employees must be familiar with the Patient Safety, Patient Privacy, Infection Control, Risk Assessment and more. This Program will give you the knowledge you need to successfully navigate the rules and regulations that hospitals and their contractors must abide by.
KSHE Certification Programs are renewable every 3 years. Recertification must be earned within 60 days from the certification expiration date. Any ASHE, KSHE or other ASHE chapter educational class is acceptable as contact hours. Other classes must be reviewed by KSHE for approval.
- CHE Renewals must pay $10 and submit 30 contact hours in Healthcare Engineering or retake the exam. The 30 hours must be completed in the last three years.
- CHC Renewals have three options for renewal and all training and hours must be completed in the last 365 days:
1. Retake the Healthcare Facilities Orientation & Safety Training course online and the CHC class*
2. Submit 6 hours in Healthcare Engineering and retake the CHC class*.
3. Submit 12 contact hours in Healthcare Engineering
*If retaking the CHC Course, Renewals do not need to retake the exam.
If you have questions regarding your certification, please email email@example.com.