Energy to Care is a free energy benchmarking and awards program for health care facility management professionals who want to provide value back to their organizations through energy savings. It gives users the opportunity to compare their energy reduction efforts to those of similar nearby facilities and to challenge each other to greater achievements. By achieving greater energy savings, hospitals can free up resources to support the organization’s mission of providing patients with the best care. The Energy to Care program also includes Awards that recognize hospitals for their energy efficiency achievements.
Announcing the KSHE Energy Derby!
KSHE is hosting its first annual statewide competition among hospitals and other healthcare facilities to save energy and protect the climate. Competitors will work off excessive energy use through improvements in energy efficiency with help from KSHE, ASHE, and the Energy to Care program. The facilities that shed the most energy consumption will be recognized as the winners. KSHE is offering prizes and recognition to members who help their buildings become top energy and water savers!
- Facilities can join the Energy Derby at any time!
- Midpoint announcement: Current Year leaders will be announced annually at the HCC in September
- Winner announcement: Previous Year winners will be recognized annually at the HCC in September
Competitors submit their previous year's energy use information in Portfolio Manager and then work to improve efficiency during the current calendar year. Facilities must input their bills regularly and confirm that their square footage is up to date to participate. The competitors that reduce their energy use the most on a percentage basis will be recognized by KSHE as the winners!
Getting Started with Energy to Care
Follow these five steps to participate in Energy to Care and take advantage of your complimentary Energy to Care Dashboard:
- Benchmark your data in Portfolio Manager®. | How-to | Video |
- Connect your Portfolio Manager account with ASHE and share your data | How-to | Video |
- Connect your Portfolio Manager account with Lucid’s BuildingOS and share your data | How-to |
- Connect your Portfolio Manager account with KSHE | How-to |
- Email Energy Star Username to Helpdesk when sharing step is complete | Helpdesk |
Complete the ASHE Energy and Water Survey.
ASHE Energy to Care Chapter Challenge
KSHE is taking on other ASHE chapters in the Chapter Challenge! Follow the steps above to make sure you are participating with us.